Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ruth Ann and the EE questions

A friend asked me if my niece Ruth Ann is saved. That was after I stressed about Ruth Ann posting a comment on facebook trying to encourage people to fight for gay rights. I have been so sad and disappointed realizing that she might not be a Christian like I had thought. And I so want her to be safe... saved.
The friend said, ask her the two EE questions and I thought, yes, I should. They are:

"Have you come to a place in your spiritual life, where you can say you know for certain, that if you were to die tonight you would go to heaven?"

"If you were to die tonight and stand before God and He were to say 'Why should I let you into my heaven?' What would you say to Him?"

In response to the first question a person can say yes or no.
In response to the second question the person will have some form of faith response or some form of works response. There are 4 possibilities of people here.
yes - works (I will go to heaven because I've done good things)
yes - faith (I will go to heaven because of Jesus' death for me)
no - works (I don't know if I will go to heaven but I've done a lot of good things)
no - faith (I'm not sure I will go to heaven but I think it's because of Jesus)

In the 2nd and 4th incidences you have Christians but the one needs reassurance as in 1 John 5:13 these things were written that you might KNOW that you have eternal life... and John 10 my sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me, and other places.

In the 1st and 3rd responses you have non-Christians and need to show them that works can't save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment